Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oyster Hotel Reviews


I was listening to the This Week in Travel podcast today, and they mentioned Oyster Hotel Reviews. I hadn't heard of it before. As you do your travel planning, you might want to check it out. It looks like a good site, well laid out, lots of pictures, interactive, not a lot of locations, but still. With the explosion of travel websites and blogs out there, easy to use sites are a blessing. Jenni and I need to find a hotel for New York, so I thought it'd be worth looking through.

It did get me thinking, you should keep in mind as you look through all the feedback and reviews that travelers post on the Internet, some people have their own agendas when they post their reviews on TripAdvisor, etc. Some people will knock hotels just for the sake of being cruel, or to blackmail someone. Sometimes people are unreasonable, and sometimes Basil Fawlty is running the hotel. You just never know. Travel can bring a lot of the unexpected, and it brings out the best and worst in all of us. Sometimes it's all about perspective. So, always ask yourself, what sort of traveler am I? I think Oyster looked pretty cool. They posted a little bit about who the reviewers were and what their backgrounds are. And that's a step in the right direction.








No comments:

Post a Comment