Friday, June 29, 2012

Eat Fresh

It's been nearly 20 years since Jenni and I started being more deliberate about the foods we wanted to eat. I can still remember holding a package of Tyson chicken breasts in our kitchen in Peoria sixteen years ago and asking Jenni, "Where do you think this chicken came from?" That conversation led us down the road to being the vegetarians/vegans we are today. Jenni and I are hardly trendsetters. A lot of people across America are thinking about what they eat and why, something people around the world never stopped doing.

One of the coolest things I've seen in my little town is our restaurant, Caffe Italia, which has its own garden right next to the restaurant. I love Caffe Italia. Although they don't offer nearly the number of vegetarian selections I'd like, their food is great and at least for the most part, I know where it comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment