Saturday, August 15, 2009

Clif Kid Bars

I had to plan ahead for our trip to Sweden. Since we took our 4 year old twin boys, who, like us, are vegetarians (and picky ones at that), I knew we would encounter food issues. I wanted some snacks that were (somewhat) healthy, easy to carry and very tasty. I discovered Clif Kid ZBars. First, I tried them out at home on my two subjects. From Amazon, I ordered a Clif Kid ZBar variety pack which includes 8 Chocolate Brownie, 8 Chocolate Chip and 8 Honey Graham bars. The boys (and their parents) liked all three varieties. Success! Since we're gluttons, we ended up eating the entire variety pack before we left on our trip. I ordered two more variety packs and kept them under lock and key until we left.

Since the bars have vitamins and minerals, whole grains, no artificial ingredients, no high fructose corn syrup or trans fats, I felt good about the boys eating them. They just thought they were getting a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment