Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Consumed - The Cult of Mexican Coca-Cola - NYTimes.com


Though I'm not a big pop drinker here at home, I find myself ordering Coca-Cola all the time when we're on the road. In Europe and Latin America, Coca-Cola is made with sugar, as opposed to the high fructose corn syrup used here in the States. I have to admit; to me it tastes better: a little sweeter, a little fizzier. I was listening to a podcast yesterday from This Week in Travel, and apparently quite a phenomenon has developed regarding Mexican Coca-Cola. I did a quick search and found this article from the New York Times. I've bought Mexican Coca-Cola at our local grocery store. Maybe it's the sugar, maybe it's the glass bottle, I don't know. But go have a coke and a smile while supplies last.

Consumed - The Cult of Mexican Coca-Cola - NYTimes.com

1 comment: