Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Travel Detective Bible

I picked up this well-regarded Peter Greenberg book from 2007 over the weekend. At 600 pages, it covers a lot of ground, quite heavy too. But I'm a sucker for reference materials. One of the great things about travel is that it is ever changing and always expanding. Looking through the book this morning, I noticed quite a few things that have changed just since the book was published. But such is the world these days. Who knew there was such a thing as 'Medical Tourism, Spiritual Travel, Educational Travel?' Well, I knew about the last one. Nevertheless, Peter had a few links to some vegetarian resources that I thought I would pass along:
 
 
Happycow.com: A guide to raw-food restaurants, with 6,000 listings in 96 countries. 
Vegdining.com: A worldwide guide to vegetarian restaurants, with more than 1,000 listings and 2,000 reviews.
Vegtravel.com: An online travel agency specializing in packages for vegetarian/vegan/eco travelers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment