Sunday, November 13, 2011

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

I've never been a huge fan of cakes. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because cake is harder to carry around in your jacket pocket than say, a cookie. Maybe it's because baking a cake is as much about creating something pleasant to the eye as it is about something pleasing to the stomach. Maybe the stakes are just too high with cake.

If, like me, you lack in cake confidence it might be best to shoot for the cup variety. Jenni picked up Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, of The Post Punk Kitchen  when she went vegan in January. Jack and I used it to make: chocolate, vanilla, and apple cider cupcakes for his and Harry's 7th birthday. They turned out fantastic. My niece said they were the best cupcakes she'd ever eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment