Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 5 - January 2nd


Yesterday started with a bowl of grapenuts, juice and a cup of coffee from the Coffee Hound after I got to work. It is ridiculously cold and snowy here in Bloomington this week with a high of 0 F expected on Monday. I had vegan soup bowl yesterday for lunch, just some udon noodles and miso, but it was warm. Unfortunately it didn't really fill me up for the afternoon. I walked down to the Common Ground health food store about 3 and picked up some bread, coconut butter spread and some nuts. I ate most of the nuts before I left work and ate at least half the bread while I threw together the pizza on the left. I managed to work a quick swim in as well. Since the kids are still out of school this week, the pool at our gym was pretty full, but I got about 10 laps in before I came home. My boys are at my mom's house presumably being spoiled and sledding down the immense hills in the pasture behind her house. They'll be back today. Pizzas are my go to when I don't want to cook and they're always delicious. This one had some artichoke hearts, mushrooms, tomatoes and finished with avocado. I sprinkled a little nutritional yeast on top too.

No comments:

Post a Comment