Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 9 - 11

Well, the vegan challenge is truly getting tested. What with 2 irritable 9 year olds, a mad puppy, a new job for Jenni and back to work for me. It is now very inconvenient to be a vegan and this is where things go pear shaped for us. Still, I walked right past that sheet cake on 3 this morning. 'Congratulations on 25 years,' be damned!

Jenni made a great Pad Thai on day 6, which was a day off for everyone in Illinois and the greater midwest due to the ridiculous cold we're having. It is all the way up to 12 Fahrenheit today. Woot! But yesterday, Tuesday we'd dropped back to baked potatoes for dinner. I ate the last of the lentil dal I'd made over the weekend at lunch, and now the cupboard is getting bare. There were some angry words from the boys who found their almond milk hot chocolate to be less than they expected yesterday as well. Jack spiked his with several teaspoons of sugar this morning, pity his teacher, but he seemed mollified.

So, it'll be interesting to see how the remainder goes. I'm pretty irritable, unusual though it is for me. I'm not sure if it's because of the cold or the diet. Maybe the lack of exercise. Though I watched P90X yesterday, I didn't find time to actually do it. I didn't run either as the dog was running around making messes. I felt pretty tired last night too.

I picked up some fresh fruit at lunch and some jam to make peanut butter sandwiches. I expect we'll be coasting through the rest of the week on fumes. As per usual.

I am determined to run tonight. It can be done. Then I'm going to do a short set downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment