Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6 - 9

It is so cold here today! It is -17 Fahrenheit with a wind chill of -45. Everything is closed down: schools, businesses, mine included, roads. You'd think being shut in a house for three days would've provided more of an impetus to post, but it didn't. Regardless, I think we've done a pretty good job of staying vegan the last few days. There's been a little cheating. Those Christmas chocolates looked pretty tempting, too tempting in fact, not to eat them. And I ate one of the boys' granola bars. Still, as I sit here in our frigid living room contemplating cooking just to warm the kitchen I think we're still fairing pretty well.

Friday - I'd worked through lunch so I was pretty hungry and tired. Nothing unusual about that for a Friday. In my last job I rarely got to take lunch. Someone had the bright idea of using the free hour at lunchtime to schedule meetings and that's become a norm. So when I got home we went ahead and ordered Indian take away from Puran, an Indian restaurant close to our home.

Saturday - Jenni made vegan brownies with black beans out of the Happy Herbivore cookbook and vegan sour creme. The brownies were delicious. We snacked on leftovers for lunch. Jenni went to the store and picked up a few things to get us through the bad weather. Social media was abuzz with frenzied shopping. It was nice out though, 34 degrees. Really the best time to complete your frenzied shopping. I took down the Christmas things decorating the yard and fixed the exercise bike. I made a pizza like the one I posted earlier with leftover dough. I always make two. The second one is always better.

Sunday - I made Red Lentil Dal while watching football. With my leftover Indian gone what else could I do. Plus we had to cancel band rehearsal as many of the streets were becoming impassable and it gave me something to do. Today I'll most likely make Chana Saag. I had downloaded P90X while reading the paper, but I felt a run was in order so I did 4 miles on the treadmill instead. I always do a longer run on Sunday. It gives me a chance to listen to new music and consider things I want to write about. My sister and I are planning a half marathon sometime this year, so I'm going to start upping my miles each week. I did some light lifting as well. Some gentle stretching is in order for today.

Monday - Today - Made some toast for the boys and had some Van's waffles. Sounds like they just cancelled school tomorrow, so we'll be a bunch of "Here's Johnny's" by Wedneday. Hopefully it won't be that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment